Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Beginning


After a year away from my sunburnt country, Australia, volunteering in Guatemala at a permaculture institute, my mind is brimming with ideas. And ones that I plan to follow through on. My three projects are:
-start a permaculture plot
-start an organic chutney and tomato sauce business
-import naturally dyed, hand woven textiles from Guatemala
Quite varied, right? I have a year ahead with a very steep learning curve and I'm looking forward to it.
I hope you enjoy sharing my adventure via this blog.
After returning in November 2009 from volunteering at Instituto Mesoamericano de Permacultura (IMAP), San Lucas Tolimán, Guatemala, I did my Permaculture Design Certificate at Mulloon Creek Natural Farm with Geoff Lawton. So I've at least started on my permaculture future.
Next is to learn about small business.

2 comments:

  1. Sass, it is wonderful that you have started your blog, and inspiring that you have returned to Oz to start this new phase of your journey!! Can't wait to tag along. Lis xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland, my friend! Looking forward to seeing your three projects grow. Nic xx

    ReplyDelete